Violent Crimes Unit The Violent Crimes Unit investigates crimes committed against persons.
Featured Case: Gregory H. Clark Age:60 Date of Occurance: 02/06/2008
On Wednesday, February 6, 2008 Gregory Clark was shot in the back while using a snow blower to clear a sidewalk outside of his home in the 1700 block of Oak Forest Dr. Witnesses reported seeing a white male suspect fleeing the scene in a blue minivan following the shooting.
• Click HERE for information on unsolved murders
Burglary Unit: The Burglary Unit investigates burglaries to residences, businesses and vehicles.
• Click HERE for information on protecting your home and car from burglary
General Case / Forgery Unit: The General Case / Forgery Unit investigates property crimes, computer and internet crimes, financial crimes and identify theft crimes.
• Click HERE for information on Identity Theft
Gang Crimes Unit: The Rockford Police Department Gang Unit investigates gang-related crimes and activities. The Gang Unit also provides assistance to other Units such as the School Unit and the Housing Authority Unit.
• Click HERE for information on Gang Awareness
• Click HERE for information on Graffiti and the Rockford Graffitti Hotline
Youth and Sex Crimes Unit: The Youth / Sex Crimes Unit investigates criminal cases involving victims or suspects under the age of 17, all sex offenses, vehicular thefts and missing persons.
Domestic Violence Unit: The Domestic Violence Unit investigates reports of domestic violence and abuse. The Domestic Violence Unit not only arrests and assists in the prosecution of persons suspected of domestic violence and abuse but works toward the prevention of these crimes by combining their efforts with the efforts of victims, victim support and education agencies and the community.
• Click HERE for information on Domestic Violence and Abuse and for information on help that is available if you or someone you know is a victim
Rockford Narcotics Unit: The Rockford Narcotics Unit is responsible for the investigation and suppression of drug activity within the City of Rockford. Members of the unit utilize information from the public, confidential informants, surveillance equipment and a variety of other techniques to complete their investigations.
• Click HERE for information on how to report drug related activity
REPORT DRUG ACTIVITY: Call:
• Rockford Narcotics Unit - 779-221-3933
• Narcotics Hotline - 779-221-3933
• Police Department Non-Emergency number - 815-966-2900 (24 Hours)
• Crime Stoppers - 815-963-7867 / 888-769-STOP (7867)
Identification Unit The Identification unit documents and processes physical evidence, such as fingerprints, at crime scenes and assists in criminal investigations by performing many other forensic related tasks.
• Click HERE for information on fingerprinting services available to the public