The Rockford Police Department provides fingerprinting services for Rockford residents who need their prints taken for an employment application, a criminal background check or licensing. Fingerprinting is done by Detectives from the Identification (Crime Scene) Unit on the first Tuesday of each month between 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM in the lobby of the Winnebago County Public Safety Building located at 420 W. State St., Rockford, IL (815-987-5912).
See below for additional information.
Fingerprinting Services Information:
1st Tuesday of each month between 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM
The lobby of the Winnebago County Public Safety
Building located at 420 W. State St., Rockford, IL 815-987-5912
• What is the fee?
- $10.00 for the first card
- $5.00 for a second card
- Fees are per person - No group or couples discounts
• What do I need to bring with me?
You must bring photo identification.
• What is the procedure?
1) Tell personnel at the Rockford Police Department counter that you wish to have your fingerprints taken and give the officer your identification. The officer will give you a building pass.
2) Take the elevator to the second floor and pay the service fee at the Records Bureau counter. The clerk will give you a receipt indicating how many print cards you paid for.
3) Take the elevator back to the lobby, return your building pass and retrieve your identification.
4) A detective from the Department's Identification (Crime Scene) Unit will be at the south side of the counter. Present your identification and receipt to him or her. They will roll your fingerprints onto a fingerprint card that you can take with you (unless otherwise required).