- Housing Programs including Homeless Prevention Program, Single Point of Entry for the Homeless (SPOE), and assistance to the HUD Continuum of Care/Rock River Homeless Coalition.
The Rock River Homeless Coalition, in partnership with the City of
Rockford Community Action Agency, is accepting proposals for
permanent supportive housing or rapid re-housing projects that
address homelessness in Winnebago and Boone Counties.
Funding is through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban
Development (HUD) Continuum of Care (CoC) grant program.
Submission deadline is October 7, 2015. 2015 HUD CoC RFP
- Community Health & Prevention including Drug Free, Social Norms, Summer Food, Rockford Alcohol Free Teens (RAFT), and Beverage Alcohol Sellers Servers Education Training (BASSET)
- Community Action Programs including Energy Assistance (LIHEAP), Neighborhood Network, Emergency Assistance, Community Engagement, and Information and Referral
- Weatherization including Client Education, Home Energy Evaluation, and Weatherization Programs
- Scholarship Program provides scholarships (average award $1000) to low-income students who are enrolled/enrolling in an accredited Illinois post secondary school or training program. Applications are now available for applicants with household income below 125% of the federal poverty level, reside in Winnebago or Boone County, and plan on attending a post secondary accredited school or training program located in Illinois for fall semester.