555 North Court Street Rockford, IL 61103
Fax: (815) 987-8046
E-mail: Human Services Department
Community Services is comprised of four service components which implement and coordinate comprehensive anti-poverty programs utilizing available community resources. The primary goal is to promote self-help activities and encourage self-sufficiency among low income citizens.
- Housing Programs including Homeless Prevention Program, Single Point of Entry for the Homeless (SPOE), and assistance to the HUD Continuum of Care/Rock River Homeless Coalition.
- Community Health & Prevention including Drug Free, Social Norms, Summer Food, Rockford Alcohol Free Teens (RAFT), and Beverage Alcohol Sellers Servers Education Training (BASSET)
- Community Action Programs including Energy Assistance (LIHEAP), Neighborhood Network, Emergency Assistance, Community Engagement, and Information and Referral 2016-2017 LIHEAP Information
- Weatherization including Client Education, Home Energy Evaluation, and Weatherization Programs
- Scholarship Program provides scholarships (average award $1000) to low-income students who are enrolled/enrolling in an accredited Illinois post secondary school or training program. Applications are now available for applicants with household income below 125% of the federal poverty level, reside in Winnebago or Boone County, and plan on attending a post secondary accredited school or training program located in Illinois for fall semester.
- Division Head:
- Jennifer Jaeger