Customer Service

The Customer Service Center is responsible for city Utility Billing and collects payments for numerous activities, services, and fees across City Departments. Among those payments are metro taxes, business licenses, special assessments, building permits, code and ordinance violations, property damage, community development loans, and other general billing.

Customer Service Representatives answer calls and help customers with questions pertaining to water/rubbish accounts. In addition, representatives provide general knowledge of various City of Rockford's departments and direct calls when appropriate in order to better serve our community.

The Customer Service Center is open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm, except on City holidays. In addition, the city of Rockford is an authorized ComEd agent and accepts payments Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm.

Liquor Licenses

Liquor licenses are handled through the Legal Department.

Business Licenses

General business license information can be found on the Business Licenses page.

Parking Permits & Fines

Parking permits and fines are managed by ABM Parking Services.

Alarm Permits & False Alarm Fines

Alarm permits and false alarm fines are managed by APS. An alarm permit is required for all monitored alarm systems within the City. If you exceed the number of false alarms allowed by the City False Alarm Ordinance, you may be required to pay a false alarm fine.